CHILDREN & FAMILY TREATMENT AND SUPPORT SERVICES (CFTSS)
Children & Family Treatment and Support Services are new mental health and substance use services, available with New York State Children’s Medicaid, that give children/youth (under age 21) and their families the power to improve their health, well-being and quality of life. These new services strengthen families and help them make informed decisions about their care. BHSN is proud to be a provider of these new services as we try and expand our reach to the community.
- Early identification of mental health and/or substance use needs
- Preventing the need for emergency room visits, hospital stays or out of home placements
- Majority of services can be provided without an initial mental health diagnosis
- Services are provided in the home and community
- Families can self-refer
You can contact us at any time to find out if your child/youth is eligible to enroll and to complete a self-referral. You can also be referred by community providers, such as physicians, counselors, and school teachers/counselors.
- Family Peer Support Services (FPSS): This service is designed to support the parent/caregiver and strengthen their skills to better assist their child with mental health needs.
- Intensive Support and Treatment (Community Supports and Treatment): Providers deliver supportive counseling and intensive support services to assist youth in developing coping skills, regulating emotions and intensive rehabilitative skills.
- Skill Building (Psychosocial Rehabilitation): Providers work with youth in the community to improve social skills, daily living skills and rehabilitative functioning skills.
Those interested in learning more about Children & Family Treatment and Support Services should contact our program supervisor:
Children & Family Treatment & Support Services
22 US Oval – Suite 100 Plattsburgh, NY 12903
Phone: (518) 563-8000