Healthy Families, a program that partners with families in our communities to raise happy, healthy, safe, and school-ready children, has recently expanded the service area to include families of Essex, Warren and Hamilton Counties! Now known as Healthy Families North Country, the home-visiting program now provides in-home support for new and expecting parents throughout Northern NY in addition to the Clinton and Franklin Counties previously served. The Healthy Families Team can connect you with beneficial resources within the community and:
- is free!
- 100% voluntary
- Uses strength-based approach
- Provides on-going support
- Offers long-term services
- Offers services until child enters school or Head Start Program
Statistics from home-visited families show:
- 50% less likely to repeat first grade
- 70% more likely to score above grade level in first grade on
specific behaviors that promote learning
- 26% reduction in receipt of special education by age 7
- Home-visited moms used non-violent, positive discipline strategies more often
- 48% reduction in low birth weight deliveries among women who enrolled before the 31st week of pregnancy
Learn more about Healthy Families North Country and get started today at Home Visitation Services | Behavioral Health Services North (bhsn.org).